Monday, 1 July 2013

An Attempt in Gilding

Amongst other things Jamie and I got ourselves a very pretty, but slightly plain ornament from our honeymoon in Venice.

Gilding

To spruce it up a little I thought it might be a good idea to gild the figure, so I got some gilding glue and a few sheets of gold leaf to see if I could improve our souvenir.

Gilding

Gilding

Although the finished object isn't perfect and could do with a bit more buffing with some cotton wool to smooth it, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Gilding

Whilst I was working on the figure I also practiced by covering a few sea shells and a starfish we found on holiday last year.

Gilding

Again I'm pretty happy with the results.

Gilding

I've got a few sheets of gold leaf left, so I'm thinking of either gilding a frame for one of our wedding pictures or maybe having one of our wedding pictures printed on canvas in back and white and then highlighting a few features in gold. I really like the idea of the latter, but it sounds quite challenging to me. I will let you know should I ever get round to trying this, that's if I ever get round to sorting through all our photographs. It's been two months now since our little DIY wedding and I still haven't managed to blog about it, but the thought of sorting and editing almost a thousand pictures and to choose the right ones for a post (or even an album) seems quite daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment