Thursday, 16 February 2012

Hearts, hearts, hearts

In case you wondered about the woollen heart you saw me holding in my last post, that was just an excuse to get my French knitting doll out. Inspired by this lovely post I finally found use for the knitted "sausages" you can make with it. Instead of threading some craft wire through the finished i-cord as suggested in the post from Naturkinder I used some red pipe cleaner. As I used DK yarn I wouldn't have been able to thread the rather fat pipe cleaner through the woolly cord, so I stuck it in from the start and basically worked the tube around it. I am now thinking of making some in green and using them as stems for knitted and crocheted flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment