My current WIP is the o w l s sweater from needled. I've finished the body and the first sleeve so far and felt the urge to practice some owls for several reasons:
a) I've never worked from a chart before but that seemed to work out o.k.
b) it's been a while since I've worked any cables and I'm glad I did this practice peace as it turned out that my cables were really tight which makes the purl stitches in between look rather loose so that's one to bare in mind when working the yoke
c) I wanted to see at least one full sized owl to make a decision on what buttons to buy and I'm quite happy with my choice
As I was working my sample in the round I thought I might as well turn it into something useful so I made a hat and I'm really happy with how it turned out but see for yourselves: